Skip to main content

Where the wild things are?

Jewelry is women's best friend, for me, especially ostentatiously ornamented jewelry.  Evidences proved that flashy jewelry not just exists in modern era, but way Before Christ was born. The ancient society loves animals and they wish to empower themselves with all sorts of mysterious magic, should it be from the mother nature, from unknown spirit, or even animals, ancient people adorn themselves with excess accessories.  I stumbled Legion of Honer museum today while hiking around the neighborhood of Lands End trails in San Francisco. I love the grand front entrance and the miniature pyramid which mimics the one outside of Musee' du Louvre in Pairs. I am also swooned by those golden animal jewelry from 4th Century B. C. exhibited in the museum. They are not only the symbol of almighty power but also the inspirational making of modern jewelry. 

I was lucky that I found a pair of tiger eye/horn necklace by Iosselliani this season and love its loud details. They are automatically a statement piece and a statement for saying I am fashion-forward, right? 

 photo IMG_2972_zps3d21ea03.jpg


 photo IMG_2973_zps78db9a56.jpg

 photo IMG_2974_zps1e756c44.jpg
(pic. taken from Region of Honor. Pardon me taking those partial description)

 photo IMG_2489_zps52596489.jpg

 photo IMG_2530_zps86c8dbd9.jpg
Various ethnic and animal jewelry: Iosselliani and Servane Gaxotte.

Let your inner animal shine through, and have some fun!
xoxo Rachel   




Comments

Anonymous said…
so pretty! love your earrings :)
xx

http://wearingwolf.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
so pretty! love your earrings too :)
xx

http://wearingwolf.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...