Skip to main content

Lemon-Blueberry Greek Yogurt cake. (No butter!!)

Greek yogurt's popularity has been skyrocketing lately and since I am a fashion forward person in every way, by all means I will have to follow the food trend. Besides, I think  the benefits of consuming Greek Yogurt versus regular whole milk yogurt is worth investigating. (Simple facts : Greek Yogurt vs. Regular Yogurt

I haven't tried eating Greek Yogurt by itself since I only substitute it in my baking for all the fattier/higher sodium/higher saturated fat ingredients such as cream cheese, butter, buttermilk, mayonnaise, full fat sour cream..etc. But sooner I am done with my bake-rush mode, I will probably finish the rest of that Greek yogurt with some fresh fruits, dry fruits and some honey.... (man... plain greek yogurt is really sour .... ).  After my reading about Greek yogurt online, it summarizes that Greek Yogurt has less sodium, less carbohydrate than regular whole milk yogurt! How awesome is that!!!  


Here is my another satisfying champion baking cake. Hope you get to try it! 


 photo photo1-5_zps872a3af6.jpg
An array of kid's fantasy 

 photo photo3-4_zpsad93b80c.jpg
The blueberry adds that extra yummy flavor and texture to the cake. 


Lemon-Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake 


  • 1 cup of flour + 1/3 cup of flaxseed meal (or you can use 1/3 almond meal for a nutty flavor) 
  • 2 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt 
  • 1 cup Greek Yogurt 
  • 1 tbsp honey 
  • 1 cup of Coconut palm sugar (Low Glycemic Index) 
  • 3 large eggs
  • half lemon zest (I adapt loosely from recipe in Yummly.com) 
  • 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean extract 
  • 1/2 cup grape-seed oil 
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen is fine but thawed and rinsed) 
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice + 3 cubes of sugar/or 3 TBSP honey(to be used as glaze after done baking) 
 photo photo1-4_zps4c61a04e.jpg

 photo photo2-5_zpsac7094f2.jpg
If you use almond meal, you will have those bigger bits leftover and you can save them and add in your morning cereals. 
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan and sprinkle flour on anything you'd like to use to bake your cake. I use those cute choo choo train baking pan. 
  2. Shift flour/flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, mix Greek Yogurt, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract, 1 cup of oil. Make sure your dry ingredients and wed ingredients are processed separately at this point. Gradually whisk together the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients Pour in blueberries and fold the batter gently. When done, slowly pour your batter into the pan and bake for 40 mins (+) or 50 mins or until a fork or tooth pick tester place in the center of the cake comes out clean. NOTE: I only baked 40 Mins. in my oven
  3. When the cake is done, take out the oven and let it cool a bit. 
  4. Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cups of lemon juice and 3 cubes (or 3 TBSP honey) of sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves. When the cake is cooled down but warm, pour the lemon/sugar mixture before flipping out onto a cooling rack. Poke couple holes on each cake or several on a loaf (the point is to let the lemon/sugar mixture really soaked in the cake). 
 photo photo3-3_zpsef22360e.jpg
The coconut palm sugar has that brown color so the cake will turn out to be in dark chocolate color.

 photo photo2-6_zpsa0172471.jpg
Minions, Dinos, Trains and Legos travel in between modern and historic time! ha~



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e