Skip to main content

5/8/2013 French Laundry

It is suffice to say that pictures can do all the talking here. Before our reservation at French laundry in Yountville at 6 PM, we went to Bouchon Bakery to enjoy a glimpse of Paris pastry. 

At French Laundry, we did wine pairing and just to try different tastes of wine selection by their sommelier.  It is interesting to see all the glasses piled on our table and we couldn't help but had to take pic. of it.  I enjoy all the courses and wine pairing just bring out the best of each dish.  I guess it is their signature style that all the dishes are presented and cooked at its freshest flavor. I am a heavy taste eater and the entire night is like a challenge to my palate. But I am positive to say that I am very much satisfied that entire dinner I didn't add  single grain of salt nor pepper but simply enjoy every bite of my food that chef presented.  To our surprise that the manager gave us a kitchen tour at the end of our dinner. It is unquestionably a special night for 4 of us.  


 photo photo1-1_zps63127f9a.jpg


 photo IMG_7412_zpsf0ca87ee.jpg

 photo IMG_7411_zpscee0b07f.jpg

 photo IMG_7416_zps87ff7c34.jpg

 photo IMG_7419_zps62349f50.jpg

 photo IMG_7422_zpsa3ef3777.jpg

 photo IMG_7424_zpsa1928498.jpg

 photo IMG_7421_zpsc32b9a95.jpg

 photo IMG_7428_zpsc1868054.jpg
Sprinkle with truffle

 photo IMG_7420_zps3a910802.jpg

 photo 942339_10201176030745802_1136148916_n_zps62aec0c9.jpg
Escargot 

 photo IMG_7431_zpsd7457d7b.jpg

  photo IMG_7432_zps35249b44.jpg

 photo IMG_7429_zps27c5a00d.jpg
fish 

 photo 183081_10201176795924931_1214440043_n_zps48bb7397.jpg

 photo photo3-1_zpsfda5d738.jpg

 photo photo2-1_zps8f75b34a.jpg

 photo photo4-1_zps2e296065.jpg

 photo IMG_7352_zps8cc073b2.jpg
This is black truffle puree'.

 photo IMG_7349_zpsb60535f7.jpg

Enjoy your weekend ahead. 
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e