Skip to main content

Fool-proof BBQ Ribs/Chicken

The weather definitely crisps up these days in San Francisco. I was out and about doing chores and realized that a tank and a hoodie are not going to keep me warm enough anymore. For some reason, when I was walking on the street, someone's waft of perfume instantly reminded me a holidays' coming.  Not sure if it is an ordinary scent that I sniffed all the time when walking by cosmetics counter in the mall. ha~

Holidays, hum,... I know some friends are doing their Christmas shopping already. Well, yes, you hear me right: Christmas. I think I might start looking just to get a head start. Other than gifts preparation, holiday's cooking is another big task. Now is definitely the time to horn my holiday cooking skills. 


Today I am going to share the easiest recipe I found online with my personal twist to make the perfect succulent BBQ Garlic chili Ribs and BBQ honey chicken drumlets and wings with you. 



 photo IMG_5274_zps2f0ce1a2.jpg


Ingredients:
  • 1 medium sliced onions
  • 1 cup of ketchup  
  • 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar 
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar 
  • 1 lb. pork spareribs ( You can make up to 4 lbs and ust double the amount of ingredients listed above.) 
  • Half bottle of Garlic-chili BBQ sauce ( store bought at Wholefoodsmarket ) and I also used William Sonoma's peach JalapeƱo BBQ sauce in another batch.  
 photo ScreenShot2013-10-28at102131PM_zpsbadb4373.png



Directions

  1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F 
  2. In a large bowl, combine onions, ketchup, red wine vinegar, brown sugar and split ribs down to the center between the bones. 
  3. Heat a large lightly oiled willet over medium-high heat. I brown my ribs directly in the Le Cruset. 
  4. Directly place the oven proof pan ( in my case I just stick in my Le Cruset pot). Or if you need to transfer to another pan or casserole dish, make sure you pour half the sauce over ribs. Reserve the reminder. 
  5. Bake ribs in preheated oven for 1 hours first. Take out, and pour the rest of the sauce in. Baste and turn meat every twenty to 30 mins. You can cover the pan with foil but I only do so when I see the browning too quickly and want to slow down the process. After 2 hours, pour half bottle of Garlic-chili BBQ sauce or whatever flavor you like into the pan. Baste and turn the meat, cook for another 30 mins. The total cooking time is 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours depends on your oven/meat quantity. 


 photo IMG_5267_zps57ed02b7.jpg
Brown the ribs over the stove top first 


For the chicken, I simply drizzle grape-seed oils over chicken drumplets and wings, sprinkles some black pepper before I pop them into oven uncovered. After 30 mins, pull out and pour your favorite BBQ sauce, sprinkles 1 TBSB extra brown sugar and bake for another 10 mins. You can adjust the amount of sauce according to the quantity of chicken you wish to make. As long as all the pieces are covered with sauce and you baste them again for about 10-20 mins, I guaranteed you will have a flavorful BBQ chicken no matter what!! ( There are tips of cutting the wing tips off...... well, for me, I don't want to get into that much work. But maybe when you are doing larger batches, you just make sure every piece was soaked evenly in the sauce.) 

 photo IMG_5265_zps13c5ffb7.jpg
Bake chicken without browning 

 photo 0f1f9dcc-2b62-4f36-9086-7d06fb47aa6e_zps0e438def.jpg
Finger licking tasty~


Eat your protein
xoxo Rachel 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e