Skip to main content

Gluten Free Power Oat Barn Scone with Flaxseed, and Fresh Fruits (strawberry or banana)

I think this scone recipe is the easiest I've ever reinvented. I made couple times with either freshly chopped strawberries or sliced bananas, they are equally tasty and satisfying. Those scones are also low in glycemic index which is perfect for someone who is watching their sugar intake. You can eat them with strawberry jam or a bit whip cream on top, aw....  simply divine!!! 





Here is the recipe. 

Gluten-free Oat bran banana/strawberry Scones

2 cups (GF) oat bran


1/2 cup almond meal ( or you can put raw almonds in food processor to ground your own almond meal)  

1/3 cup ground Flax n' berries mix (sold at Whole Foods Market) 

1 scoop Whey Protein isolates (powder in a resealable bag sold at Whole Foods Market)

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. sea salt


_________________________

1/2 cup non-dairy milk/soy milk

1/3 cup oil/butter ; cut the butter to coarse cubes or just scoop the coconut oil out of jar (coconut oil works great and I personally like it over butter)  

2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup or 100% coconut Palm sugar (stevia) 

Half banana sliced or 1/3 cups strawberries chopped 







Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. Pour in wet ingredients into the large dry ingredient bowl until all is smooth but not over mixed. Last,  add your choice of fresh fruits in the mixture and gently fold it in the dough gently. 

Form the dough into a circle on a baking sheet or stone (oiled or lined with parchment paper) about 1″ thick and 8 inches across. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Best yet, use a scone pan which is  pre-divided in to 8 triangle shapes. 

Bake in oven at 400F for 15-18 mins or until brown.


Ooh la la ~ exciting moment!



The strawberries keep those scones moist inside while it is still crunchy outside. 

Bon Appétit!!

xoxo Rachel 



Comments

orihime said…
Hi R 姐姐, Long time no talk!
The scones look delicious! I haven't dropped by your blog in a long time =) Hope you are doing well.
Hi,
I'm doing fine. How about u??? ;) Glad to hear from u at this blogosphere!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...