Skip to main content

Street Smart and Book Smart!.

Often, I hear my friends talking about how different their kids' personalities are. One is book-smart, the other is street-smart, or one is good with science and math while the other is good at art and reading minds. Isn't that what makes parenting so dynamic and challenging? Everyone has different traits and we all try to dig out the best of us to be the best version of ourselves. Every stage of life is a process of learning and struggling and then succeeding and conquering. I find myself lucky in a way that I am able to express my true feelings and identify myself down the road.  While made mistakes, I still have the blessing to embrace the love and forgiveness from my loved ones. 

My son told me the other day why Michael Jackson needed to do so many concerts and performances. I was curious what's his answer! He said:" Cause he needed the money." He continued: "Cuz he did drugs. He needed drug money." I couldn't laugh nor agree with what his conclusion is. And please don't get caught up with this "childish joke" or "teenage talk". My son is almost 14 years old and he is learning and going through puberty. In the car, I had to tell him I don't think Michael Jackson needed the drug money. Every time he performs, he wants to be the best of himself, to be the best performance amongst his previous ones. His fans has expectations; he also had his own expectations. Then there is struggle and there is stress accumulated in his life. The drug is an escape from reality, not a solution. I am sure he was searching an identity himself. To perform is the best way for him to feel loved especially he wants to return the same love to his fans around the world. Anything that isn't resolved during childhood eventually will be caught up to you in adulthood.  Michael Jackson is a legend and I am grateful in a way that his existence inspired the simplest conversation between me and my son. Wisdom grows through life experience but it doesn't have to be personal experience  The point is I want my son to know life isn't just about study and getting good grades. Life is so complicated that you hone your best skills, cultivate your best traits and also learn from  someone's life to be smarter. 



Cheers to I-generation: 
Be book-smart and be street-smart to master life!!! 

{Ps. My lunch cocktail recipe: mix ice cubs, Hangar 1 Rose' Vodka, pink lemonade and ZenBasil chia drinks. It is not a science so be open-minded to adjust the amount to your taste.}
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...