Skip to main content

The Gastronomy Gathering of my Fashionable Flocks!

Last Saturday, us girls went to Mourad restaurant to try Moroccan food in the city.  Even though it is acclaimed as Michelin 1 star, and I have dined there more than 5 times but never tried their tasting menu. We decided to give it a try.  Honestly, I was still as excited as I was the 1st time I went. That's a spot I will always be happy to invite friends to. As an avid wine drinker, I appreciate Jose, a reputable sommelier in Mourad, who shares his knowledge about various wine regions and answers my many questions. It is a true wine tasting experience outside Napa. 

First off, the champagne!!! We were surprised by an array of "pre-appetizers" before our tasting menu.  The hospitality and generosity definitely won our hearts over. We started from oysters. The oysters are beautifully dressed with chopped apples and flowers which is like a precious pearl glimmering in the summer ocean. I couldn't help myself-- I devoured it, but still appreciated it as if it were a miniature garden in the shell. The following sip of Champaign made the oyster's after-taste linger with a delightful sweetness! What a perfect way to begin our meal. Each of our courses is custom-paired with wine or Mascot or even port, according to the dishes and preferences. (At this point, some of the wine is beyond the pairing menu.) 

As much coaxing as I gave to Mourad and Jose, you should come here and give your tastebuds an exotic treat. However, I do have to mention the last red wine I had: Arietta. It is a close to full body with smooth tannins wine. It goes perfectly with our short rib for the night. I will leave enticing photos to do the talking instead. Mission completed for me since everyone went home with satisfaction and no one was drunk either. ha~  

 Little garden in the shall


Wine glasses are starting to pile up the table.


 Caviar 

 I want an outfit with these color palette 


Rib eye, all time favorite at Mourad

 Smoked ducks (when we were handed with Port with this course, we thought it is odd. But tell you what, the port is perfectly married with the saltiness and tangy of the dressing.)

A wine connoisseur can't skip a good pairing of Cabernet. 

Lise Charmel lace bodysuit, Stella McCartney sequence tank, Tom Ford shorts s/s 18', Balenciaga knife pumps, J crew blazer, Chanel Star brooch 08' 
(most of them are my oldies but they are my wardrobe staples)

Jose did the line-up of the wines we paired with our meals. How thoughtful! 

Thanks to my girl friends that they followed my B&W pre-summer outfit looks for the night.  
 Food, wine and good company> 

Now in my sweet dream~
xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...