Skip to main content

Simple Color Rules!!

Fellow blog reader asked me how do we match the bags with our shoes...

Well.. 

I don't do matchy-matchy much but I feel them.. I feel my shoes and my bags whenever I dress myself up. ... err... Ok, I see your reaction. lol

Here is the simple rule I create, you can use complementary color of a primary color (red, blue, or yellow) to do matching for your bags and shoes. So the complementary color of red is green, of blue is orange, and of yellow is purple. You can basically draw a line across and get the various shades for their closest complimentary colors. If you placed complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors make each other appear brighter, more intense, thus pretty too. {PS. I didn't create this theory but simply utilize this concept to do outfit color matching.} 

 Image: © Marion Boddy-Evans. Licensed to About.com, Inc.


Now, let's put the ideal into reality. Don't worry about trying out those runway tropical colors and patterns,  you will get there eventually.

PhotobucketMy ODJ

Top:
Madewell green tank
Mr. Larkin eco friendly silk racer tank
Dolma mixed media shirt (bought at Anthroplogie couple years back) 
Bottom: 
Maria floral print skirt 
Accessory:
Alaia 11' laser-cut tote 
Momo's March full sunbeam bracelet
Shoes:
Marni 2012 suede green platform 


Remember primary colors and its complementary colors.
xoxo Rachel


Comments

Mona P said…
Love the way you paired bright red bag with lime/green shoes!

Looking amazing as always!
Hi Mona,
Thank u. ;)
Hey, u know what, maybe u can offer me a price for that Givenchy if u re up for it still.
;)

Rachel

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...