I made this Italian sausage fried rice the other day. Kids and hubby absolutely love it. It is flavorful in a sense that the sausage has its fat and saltiness that you don't need to add much condiments at all. Here is my simple ingredient list. You are welcome to try. It is so simple that the only chopping is the sausage and the only tip is throwing ingredients in one at a time. You don't want a soggy and watery fried rice so you have to add soy sauce to taste little by little.
- 2 italian sausage (chopped and I used ready to eat after heated)
- 2 eggs (beaten or not beaten doesn't matter)
- 2 bowl of leftover/cold rice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoon water ( to soften the rice before you add to the Wok if rice is previously refrigerated)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce/oyster sauce (depends on your preference and taste)
- 14 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas (don't need to thaw as it cooked quick and I like the intact of the peas after cooking)
In a large skillet, sauté diced sausages over medium and heat through until no pink (if not cooked already). Add eggs, scramble it. Add the rice a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, (if you forgot to splash some water into the rice, you may do that here. Be careful, just a little.) Then add all the condiments, salt, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Stir the rice and rest of the ingredients constantly. Reduce heat and as long as all the ingredients are incorporated, turn off the heat and serve hot!!!
I had this with my favorite gluten free beer!! Yum Yum Yum...
Try a healthy meal at home.