Skip to main content

Inimitable Style!

Everyone agrees that style needed an infusion of personality.  


I am an optimist so I dress colors and I talk loud in an upbeat tone. But my theory is even if you don't dress colors as much as I do, you should quickly venture out and start buying colorful clothes..... just to give yourself something to challenge. You will probably notice you like bright colors just as much as you like black and white. ^^ Dress in colors doesn't necessarily mean you are trying to ingratiate yourself w/ other people but more of opening yourself up and be gratitude!! 


I recently received couple fellow readers' emails from Singapore. I am so happy as they told me that they start noticing the little magic on their daily looks simply by working accessories into their ensembles!! 


This morning, I received a package sent from my dearest friend, Isabel, who lives in Orange County, LA. It is a clutch from ZARA special collection. Isabel bought herself Blue while she got me Green clutch instead. Yes, we'd love the same things but we are totally in different "tones" in terms of styles and colors. 


Photobucket




Zara Kelly Green envelop clutch $109 with shoulder chain. 




Photobucket






 Photobucket
Yellow is so versatile that it is not only can be paired with "Blue" but also "Green" to amplify their contrasting beauty. 

Photobucket
I was going to pair it with vintage-find turquoise leather/suede sheath but they might be too close of colors from each other. 


Photobucket
My lovely friend, Isabel, carries her electricity blue Zara clutch, and pairs Marni olive green flatform. 


Photobucket
(on me: white lace cam. Anthropologie purple bib necklace, navy crochet vest, H&M front-pleats skirt with pockets.)


Photobucket
I buy vintage collectibles as they are great home decor. to me. 


Photobucket


My Outfit Du Jour


1. Top: 
H & M washed yellow cropped tank (underneath)
Green cape(?) scarf(?) cover-up (?)... 
{Well, my mom gives me this cape couple seasons ago while I was in Taipei. She has such a great taste for finding treasures on street vendors.}


2. Bottom:
Yellow harem pants (Bought in Taiwan couple seasons ago to learn hip-hop.)


3. Accessory:
J Crew green gem cuff
Purple feather hair clip
Zara Kelly Green oversized clutch


4. Shoes:
Christian Louboutin Suede dark purple Mary-Jane platform
Photobucket
Always infuse myself in lovely colors!!
How about you?!
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Nice color blocking R! Your Zara clutch I think is inspired by Celine's "Clasp Bag". So similar! What a great find! :D Anyway, I like the green color, although for me, I would have used a gray/cream/hot pink/lime green clutch bag instead. :) Taipei does have a lot of treasures in the small boutiques. Wanna visit there again at the end of this year. Hehe! Have a great week ahead!

Mia
Anonymous said…
This clutch is one of my favorite items in Zara at the moment!

You look amazing and radiant! Bright colors match your vibrant personality!
Such an unusual look, love the richness and deepness of the colors here! And your make up too :)
Hi, Mia, yes, Bingo!! Isabel and I were talking how not to spend a fortune on Celine clutch but just get a look-alike. ^^
Like wise, hope you have a colorful week too.
R.
Hi, Lily, I love your blog...but the thing is the ad. :P I'd love to leave a comment if I do't have to wait for the ad to finish.....haha.... maybe next time I should be more patient.

And yes, you look lovely in the recycling peasant blouse. It is very flirty on you, dear.

R.
Wow! That Zara clutch is a steal. Love the electric blue version too.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...