Skip to main content

Circles of Friends.

How many friends do you need?

I love making friends after I moved here in USA, also after I am independent from my original family. I seem cannot stop making new friends now. I would assume my mom definitely has something to do w/ it.

When I was young, I focus on pursuing my education. My mom said, you don't need many friends, just concentrate on your study, ONE day, you will make friends of your own. She also is very selective about friends around me.


So, I listened to her. I seldom invite friends home since my mom disapproved it most of the time. Then I study a lot other than my other activities which would not have to have friends involved. I guess most of Asia family is like my family. Study hard is the only way to lead you a successful life in the future.

Well, I am glad I turn into "me" just fine w/o having a social disability. hahahaha.........

And now I want to make lots of, lots of circles of friends!! I invited friends for party a lot and even my DH can't stand it sometimes. haha.....

We went to B.B.Q. at Steven Canyon in Saratoga/Cupertino city last weekend. You can also rent a kayak or bring a raft of your own to drift on the lake. I love the spot where there are lots of shades to block the sun and a great lake view to enjoy Saturday afternoon w/ friends.

It took me almost an hour to set up the fire (w/ DH's help) and I blame it to the charcoal being stored in the garage for too long and thus, too much moist. :)


My ODJ on Sat.

1. TOP: gray boyfriend t-shirt from URBN (must tie a knot for a sexy, and feminine look. :))
2. BOTTOM: Levis turquoise skinny jeans
3. Shoes: Purple flip flop bought in Taipei
4. ACCESSORY:
  • Chloe sunglasses
  • Cora star fish Vintage earrings
  • Gold mini disc necklace from Anthropologies
  • Couple bangles
  • Chanel 08 Gray classic jumbo
Now it is my everyday bag.


Tools are the most important thing when doing B.B.Q. outdoor.




Kids all embraced by nature.


Even though it is summer, but it is so chill by the lake and under the shade. Thanks to Judy that she brought her portable milk foam making pot so we can drink our home-made latte while B.B.Qing marshmallow too.


High school pal, Judy (right) and her friend, Sherry, now is my friend too. :)


Comments

Purse Addict said…
LOL...you're the most fashionable bbq-er the world has ever seen!!!
Julia said…
purse-addict said it...

i would have to wear Bernuda shorts/capri/non-skinny jeans, and sneakers(not gucci/tod's sneakers though) for a lake BBQ upon my husband's request.

no chanel bag to a BBQ activity for me. i stopped getting more chanel bags in fact... whenever i saw a new style i like, i think about the bags i already have and i have not used them much at all...
haha...thanks, purse.
I thought that ensemble was very casual yet stylish and I know I would feel very confident and sexy in it. I like the turquoise blue jeans a lot which highlights my long legs. :)
Hi, Julia:
How have you been?

The weather here in north Cal. is so chill that we have to bring coats to SF city this morning. My mom said that this year we have two MAY according to Chinese Lunar Calendar and that's why the weather is still cooler in June. It is pretty amazing that our ancestors figured out how to follow the sun..moon....

Oh, speaking of Chanel bag...me either. I am in a hibernating mood in buying BAGS. Not even Chanel at this time, that's why I didn't even bother to score things during Chanel sale nor stopping by boutique in Taipei. We are in the same MOOD. heheh...

So, why not use your GST more often, it quite suits your style. :)

I seem can't settle too casual style as I really like to look "stylish" all the time. well...except for going to bed. I don't even have a whole pair of sweater shirt and pants from Juicy since that's the most stylish, flatter casual wear to all of us. haha... I wear very sluggish t-shirt and sweat pants instead. I don't see the necessary to buy them to look stylish in my case. :)

I saw a pair of sneaker from see by Chloe and thing of it before I went to Taiwan ...now it probably is all gone. You will see it if you go to SAKS.com. Last Sat. I don't have time to switch bag when doing BBQ . nor having time to find a substitute for that Gray jumbo as I think it goes so I simply grab it w/ me. That's why I put it aside on the chair.

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e