Skip to main content

Fashion's Day Out!!

We don't have that kinda of luxury to fly to NYC for a big fashion's night out but it doesn't mean that we dress less stylish in SF city or in the suburban.  Fashion certainly doesn't only exist on the runway, nor less accessible in the suburban, it exists everywhere. {I am a total believer of what Coco Chanel said.}


My girl friends and I had a casual lunch today. All of us dressed up distinctively to whatever our life style fits.  Ann dresses up with a blazer as it makes her look posh and more professional at work. In the meantime, a floral dress makes her less provocative when addressing things/meeting with clients. {This has something to do with Psychological point of view... you know!!} As for Pei, she works whenever so she can dress up any style she wants on those non-working days. Then since I don't have to work (at all), I play with different "styles" almost everyday. Yu, not so much of a trouble-dresser, she dresses up whenever she wanted as well. As for my other buddy, Cathy, she can't make it to lunch today, we will leave her alone then. lol... 


Photobucket


My ODJ


1. Top:
Au Jour Le Jour mesh maxi dress
American Apparel 3D rose sweater
2. Bottom:
TOGA tights (I cut off the toe part so now is a legging.)
3. Shoes:
Alain peep toe wrap boots (Pixiemarket.com)
4. Accessory:
BCBG wooden bangle
Lanvin leopard happy sac


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket
Left to right, top and bottom: 
1) Ralph Lauren Shearling vest
2) On Yu, Zara asymmetrical top, tapered pants with fold-over waist, Hermes croc CDC, Anya Hindermach straw bag, Givenchy sandal booties  
3) Pei is very into color-blocking. 
4) Vince coyote fur coat


Guess which coat I end up buying? ^O^


Photobucket
I adore this lavish look from Ralph Lauren!!


Have a fun fashion week!!
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Love how different you all look - you totally compete each other! And that's exactly what friendship should be like, I believe :)
hah, Yeah, I guess at some point you are right, we all try the best to look into our best. ^O^ We copy each other's style or we would buy the same thing but create different looks to fit our personality.

Have a good weekend, dear.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...