Skip to main content

Maniacal Fashioinista....

Would you sleep with a fashion magazines or picture of a thing or a person you yearned for under your pillow?


No? 


Never? 


Well, just curious. I don't think I am ever such a maniac, neither.  


A fellow reader asked me if I could do a "ORANGE" look for her as she has an orange sheath and would like to get some inspiration. Well, I don't own any orange dress but I hope this so orang-y Vince cropped top would help. ^O^ You know, such as you can pair a suede brown or wheat pump with orange sheath dress ...... ... to play with the colors.  


Since today kids and I had a plan to visit SF Zoo, so I wore along this whole look on me to the city. I'd say my look is inspired from 60's ... the "mini", can you tell? And of course I brought along a pair of flip flops with me to switch off my Prada gold stripy wooden sandals while strutting in the zoo. lol. {yeah, you know, switch shoes in the zoo just for the sake of taking photos is pretty crazy, huh, don't you think? }


Photobucket 

Photobucket
I think the layering of orange and brown colors made this look even more sophisticated. 

{Here is a look with the trendy hot pink pencil skirt I did way back.} 

Photobucket
{pardon Ilona, she is going through a stage that she couldn't stop doing faces... grr....}

Photobucket


My ODJ


1. Top:
Ralph Lauren brown silk top with ruffle scarf
Vince orange cropped top


2. Bottom:
Vintage find in Rome, Italy, high-waist leather skirt


3. Accessory:
Zara green envelop clutch
Oscar de la Renta 14k green and blue saphirre earrings


4. Shoes:
Prada golden stripy wooden sandals


Photobucket



Photobucket
Summer is most moms' nightmare.... there couldn't be more activities to entertain/educate kids during summer. lol 

Photobucket
My other half maniacal fashionista, Yu. and her crazy bright color day!!! 


{Our philosophy: Never leave the house without a style!! lol.} 


I am counting days while kids will begin their summer camp next week. ^^
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Gelene said…
you are so trendy even when you are going to the zoo! I wanna be a mommy-with-style like you when I have kids! haha

gellinjelly.blogspot.com
You will be, Gelene, with your strong desire. ^^
bonnie said…
lovely orange outfit! thanks for the inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...