Skip to main content

1st Day to Kauai...Drama!!

First of all, gotta share this info. with all of you. For domestic flight in USA, the airport requires you to arrive in the airport 45 mins. prior to the flight's take-off! Being late already as we also thought we need kids' passport flying to Hawaii and turned back home to get it....and then was informed by a friend that they did the same thing of turning back home for kids' passport when they flew to Hawaii in Feb. However, their agent told them that the kids passports is a total unnecessary as long as adults have their IDs!  BOO~~~


We are so late that it is impossible to catch the flight but I still tried my best to run as fast as possible in my Chanel Maxi dress :P ....of course, they'd already closed the gate while me and 3 kids got there. Yes, as you guessed, we missed our flight!!!! Another BOO~ Hubby was blocked as the airport officer requests us/him checking in our "too big" luggage but luckily, he met a very nice United Air ground staff who did everything in her power to get us on next flight. Even though we have to en-route from LA to Kauai, Hawaii, we are so appreciated that UA staff's kind gesture as not only 5 of us get on the same flight, she also seat us in "Economic Plus" area without giving us $50 each fine for changing the tickets.  


I never know UA has "Economic Plus" section where the seats are much wider and bigger compares to normal Economic seats.  But now I know!! ^^


It is dinner time when we arrived Lihue by 5 PM. We found a nice, family oriented noodle house on the way to our hotel, The Westin Princeville resort! Everything we ordered is delicious and they pair every dish with lots of vegetables just what we need when traveling. ^^


Photobucket
(RIght above; glass noodles which I never saw/tasted before!) 

Photobucket
One Bedroom Suite 


Photobucket
Good amenity: you can have BBQ right by the pool and they have fully equipped grill right by the pools...tons of pools and grills. 
And if you want something nice/simple/quick or forgot to pack something, they have almost everything included from detergent, coffee, breakfast, lunch to dinner, ... 


Because 3 hours time difference, kids woke up at 5 AM local time,....by 7 AM, we already start our day in Kauai. 
Photobucket


Photobucket
"Vitamin A" Swimming suit (love the vibrant color and little ruffles)


Photobucket


Photobucket
kids' pool


Photobucket
I realized I am so "pale"...maybe I should start tanning myself... haha.... 

Irene's family finally here as I am editing my blog and we are heading off to St. Regis beach in the afternoon. 

Have fun with me as we travel!
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e