Skip to main content

Self-Styling Process!!

Last week, I had my hair trimmed n' my hair stylist told me that I look best w/ long hair.... 

Well, well, well, she is not the only one comments like that.  But I never really believed that until I done having fun w/ short hair now and can't wait to grow my hair back!! ^O^

Although I don't look ugly in short hair, certainly I like myself in long trims better!!


You know, the self-styling is the hardest, no matter it is for your hair, your dress, your make-ups, or even the way you walk, talk, .......EAT.... everything sums up to the way you look in public!! That all becomes your signature style!! 

You know, you don't have to envy those celebrities. They probably are no prettier than you if they don't have a stylist to help them out!!! ^O^ 

I skip the make-ups part since I don't know how to set up a cam recorder yet, so lets jump to the clothes instead. 

Just pretend I am talking along w/ those pic. for now. :P


The ordinary layered tanks n' H&M draped skirt. 

Vintage teal/turquoise leather/suede vest dress (Frienze) for extra color depth. 

The outfit is still plain n' boring.........

There I grab a fur collar and wrapped over the vest dress. Now the whole outfit starts looking "being-styled" w/ a character.


Ah, Ilona's having fun w/ camera shots, she chased the camera wherever i set it up!! :) ...geez, my bruise are all over my knee....

The leather vest dress is really interesting as there are suede patched on both sides!! 

The leather dress has asymmetrical zipper pull n' the rich teal color compliment my skin tone very well. 

I am happy to find something like that ...even it costs me $90..but if a full price item w/ that 60s style, it definitely costs way more!!!

There, my complete outfit for today!!

Chanel 09' bow mesh booties, 09' beige medium/large caviar classic flap, mocha/beige asymmetrical scarf shrug n' fur color.

See you tomorrow..... more styling tips....... xoxo Rachel

Comments

R, very nice vintage find! The color is very nice. If ever I am in San Francisco, you need to tell me where to shop for vintage as we don't have that here! :D

BTW, speaking of leather jacket, it reminds me to tell you that I just realize we have the same brown leather jacket from Max & Co, no wonder it looks so familiar! LOL! Do you mind if I ask you how much it is in US? In HK, the price is around US$700, not sure whether USA or HK is cheaper in terms of Max & Co / Max Mara.

Oh, and your SR outfit is very entertaining and whimsical...hahahaha! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. I need to watch that movie! :D

Cheers,
Mia
Schnappy said…
Hi! Your baby is very sweet,adorable! Cool photos! :)
Hello pretty,

U can know, I'm crazy for those Chanel booties. *SIGH*

DesignCatalog said…
you look great both ways of course, but i think i love your short cut more! your short cut looks so chic, stylish, and sharp!
DESIGN WAS HERE said…
I actually love your new hair style, I think it is super chic, sexy, and looks great with all your stylish clothes. I believe hair is the last step to complete the whole look, and you look beautiful. I will keep it this length. ;)
DESIGN WAS HERE said…
I actually love your new hair style, I think it is super chic, sexy, and looks great with all your stylish clothes. I believe hair is the last step to complete the whole look, and you look beautiful. I will keep it this length. ;)
MadsaboutU said…
I like your hair both long and short :)
For me, I like the idea of cutting really long locks short just for the fun of seeing it grow back again. You wear your hair it doesn't wear you, if you know what I mean ;)

Great find on the leather jacket btw!
hey, Mia:
I will make sure I show you some places when you are in USA>

The Max&Co. leather jacket is about $635 which is not that much different in pricing.

hah.. before you see that movie, make sure you already see Charlie n' the Chocolate factory. :)
Thanks, DesignCatalog n'
Design Was Here...

I probably should keep the length n' get a long wig... :P It is good to know that I look good in short hair too. ^O^
ha, MadaboutU, thank you for such a compliment. The short hair is nice but I do have to flat-ironing it since my hair is kind curvy from previous perm.

Oh, I like the curl of your hair...you know the two sides, they look very nice on you. :)
Thanks R! I might really go to San Francisco in mid-November to attend Kai's wedding. Still need to plan coz we're having this huge party for Mason's 3yr old bday end of November. If we really go, I'll let you know in advance. :D

Anyway, I forgot to tell you, I like you in short hair better. Reminds me of Victoria Beckham (and you need that burgundy croc birkin she has...LOL!!). :D So is it good or bad? Hehehehhee! Besides, I really think you look much more younger in your short hair now. :D

Cheers,
Mia

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e