Skip to main content

Recycled Wardrobe!!... and More to share!!


I bought a fur vest from
et Vous in Paris Last year and I am so content simply by touching it!! lol (PS. I love animals and I know a fact that some farmers even have to trap those wild hares for their massive breeding and restraining them from venturing into the farmlands. ) Let's just think the bright side that those farmers also help balancing the food chain. :)

The thing is my friend,
Pei, is so in love w/ that various color of rabbit fur and ever since she saw mine, she starts her endless searching for IT or it "looks"!! Thanks to Pei that she shows me the most identical look from LaRok today except it's thinner fur when touch it IRL. But if you don't divulge the brand name, no one would tell it is only $236 for the real, luxurious look!!!!

If you like mine, this is a great alternative and cheaper than I paid for et Vous w/ Euro last year!!! It is current on sale on Sak.com.


I would suggest you get one size bigger for a more flurry fur and luxurious look.
I got et Vous one size bigger than my normal size and I like that relaxed look way better than the one on the model, it is too fitted on her!!!!
Click the pic. to purchase in Saks!!


LaRok Joplin 100% rabbit Fur Vest


et Vous 100% rabbit fur vest
This pic. just gave me an inspiration to wear mine w/ plaid shirt dress too.

et. Vous fur vest w/ 2 black ribbons and hidden clasps!!

Another fab. find found by my other friend, Isabel, is a leather vest from forjoseph.com. You can click pic. below to purchase on line.

It is $20 cheaper in the boutique in LA but still not too bad for $309 on line purchase w/ $5 shipping included either.
It comes in RED, Black and Gray. I just purchased the gray color as Isabel!!:P

ForJoseph Friday Vest in RED
As seen in Glamour magazine.


I post one from Nordstrom.com made by June. It is current on sale for 33%off for $228.
This one you have to get the smallest you can fit since I still feel loose on size xs!!!! lol



Starting from this week, I will shop in my wardrobe again. I don't know how am I going to keep up the "fresh" look w/ OLD clothes since I pretty much show case all of my pieces in my tiny closet.... haha...... well, let's see, mix-n'-match is my expertise. :P


1. Top:

  • RUGBY military jacket
  • Vol. 1 lace top w/ ruched sides
2. Bottom: Agnes' b full skirt w/ large pleats
3. Shoes: Givenchy ankle boots w/ chains

4. Accessory: Fallon brass necklace


1. Top:

  • American Vintage Maxi dress
  • H&M body suit
  • Vince asymmetrical leather jacket
2. Shoes: Chanel two toned (green/black) heels

  • 3. Accessory:
  • Flying lizard design brass/gold/turquoise necklace
  • wool hat w/ bow

Today!!

I really need to pay a visit on my hair stylist... how come it grows so fast in the winter?!!

My ODJ

1. Top:

  • Boss orange t-shirt
  • Nicolas K. brown leather bomber jacket
2. Bottom: st. John contour dusty pink layered skirt
3. Shoes: Joie over the knee high boots folded4. Accessory:

  • Vintage chain necklace
  • two tone w/ croc. embossed leather belt
  • flying lizard design necklace
  • BR edition gold tassel necklace
  • Chanel black caviar w/ silver HW mini flap

For me: T-shirt looks is always fresh during winter time. :)



This is the look of single fold the boots.


Wednesday is my work-out day....see you girls!!!! Have a great evening!!!

Comments

little fish said…
Hi
I love your black outfit and also the maxi dress with your motocycle jacket, very stylish and chic.

You are still very energetic and positive . it is always happy to see your blog as you seems to pass your happiness to your readers as well
A said…
I totally agree about the fur wearing thing! Everyone has a job in this society so who are we to say that you can't do your job and make money for your family? I love how it looks on you! So luxe and comfy.
That fur vest is gorgeous! I'm giving you the Honest Scrap Award tomorrow so be on the lookout.

www.bagpoor.com
Roxy said…
Love the fur vest look! Hope you had a great workout today, R!


xo

Rx
hey, little fish:

how have you been? It is so good to see you here...and you remind me to check on your blog as well.:) Oh, you know, I just talked to Isabel that I want to get a black matte reissue w/ gold HW since I really want a SMALl black bag other than my Rodeo drive which is HUGE. hee..oh, so how do you like your vintage Chanel?? (did I remember it right or yours is jumbo classic?@!!)

Thanks. Hum... I am glad that friends around me seem to think I am a positive person and I assume it is a GREAT thing. :)
haha... Angela: Thanks for backing me up. You know, SF is the city that people won't be so passive-aggressive or protesting those animal right on the street... but my friend, Renee, would say people might spill paint on me in New York (true or false?) ....blah... OK, I am not wearing fur in New York then. :P

Thanks...considering my zodiac is rabbit ..I shouldn't.... but yes, it is so soft!!! :P
Hi, Mike:
Oh, what's that?!!

Hum...thanks. I guess Award = spotlight which is good, no matter what it is!! haha.....
Hi, Rx: Just emailed you. :)

Yes, my friend, Yu, also went to the gym w/ me this evening and since she is too ambitious doing TRX n' Power yoga for 2 hours, I bet she will feel "sore" or "ache" all over tomorrow. ahaha...
Unknown said…
Hi Rachel,

I am glad you bought the leather vest, I hope you will like it. I can't wait to see you how you pair yours. It seems like the fur vests are everywhere this year, I remember I had to look hard for mine last year....
carmen said…
Cute fur jacket :)
Thanks, sis.

I would want to get June's for cheaper but I can't help to get a gray/slate vest instead. :)

well, here usa is a bit delayed...I know I was seeing A LOT last year in Paris.... I even compare a "green fur coat" w/ et Vous I bought by the time. But figure that GREEN fur might be too much of that LOOK> haha..
Thanks. Carmen. Are you intimated to get one? :P
Unknown said…
hey R;

cool looks. btw, i read up on IPL and i didn't know that's what it is but I had several sessions of that done in taiwan. hahaha. My cousin is a cosmetologist and she has a machine so i had few sessions done and i was quite happy with the results. I was just bummed that I didn't know about it sooner so I could have more sessions done. I started towards the end of my trip and she said it can only be done every 2 weeks to let the skin recover but she did every 10 days with me. i like it so i plan to do it again next time i go.
oh after you posted that vest i feel i must go to nordys to check out their sale!!!! argh!
can't wait to see your new vest! :)
A said…
true, people protest all the time in new york. Especially during fashion week! Also, I left you something on my blog! Feel free to post about it if you want!
Ashley said…
The Vince leather jacket and maxi dress are awesome!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com
little fish said…
Hi rachel, I have sold my XL jumbo, and i got a black jumbo , same like that one you gave to your mom. I really like the size of jumbo and can see myself using it alot!
Hi, Angela: Sure, I will venture to your blog now...geez, can't believe 10 PM right now I finally sit in front of my computer doing my own thing........ kids finally pass out!!!! yah~~

Ya, that's something I hate about NY but I am still enamored of New York. :)
Hi, Ashley:
Thanks.
BTW, I love those pic. on your blog a lot!!
Right, little fish: I think somehow I know you got yourself a jumbo but I think I talk too much, w/ too many people, my head is a bit crammed w/ all the things. hehe...
I know...I miss the jumbo I gave to my mom...now I want one for myself...:)
Anonymous said…
all the outfits look great! i love the fur jacket, now i need to look for one too. i love fur, i love animals too. The way I think is if it was already made, wouldnt it be more cruel to destroy it or not wear it? Then the animal died for now purpose at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Wedge + Clog ! MINE is Clog + Heel!

pic. courtesy from WhoWhatWhere website. I came across this Max Mara clog heels. I can't help myself buying it. Now I am very excited.....why? Cause' it is extraordinary. I love the golden studded along the leather and since I don't like wedge too much, this stiletto is perfect for me. So, did you see the bottom picture to the right? Kate Olsen!!? or Dree Hemingway's looks might work w/ Max Mara clog heels. ( Whose pic. is the very first one w/ fuchsia vest) Normally I am not a copy cat, but this time, I will see if I have something similar like what she wears w/. Yes, that will be a good start to tackle this pair of heels.