Skip to main content

Rachel Hears the NEWEST!



PhotobucketI don't like carrying an umbrella nor wearing a hat which does serve the purpose of blocking the UVA, and UVB in Taipei, instead, I wear long-sleeve shirt or light jackets. Of course, I sometimes felt like walking in a steaming room while wiping off the sweats around my forehead and nose but at least I kept the confluence of remixed fashion: Asia style and my personal interpreted street style! ^^

You know, just when I think I finally adjusted myself better w/ Taipei's weather, fed myself to the mosquitoes (so they give my kids a break. :P)  and got used to a running nose accompanying w/ at least 7 or 8 times of sneezes every morning, we are about to leave Taiwan.

However, DH didn't visit Bellavita shopping mall once so we decided to walk around Sing-Yi district the last time before we leave.
Photobucket


Photobucket



My ODJ. 

1. Top:
  • Rubbish pink tank
  • translucent pink floral tank
  • baby blue asymmetrical collar blazer (A. Fad in Taipei)

2. Bottom: 
teal blue draped skirt (A. Fad in Taipei)
3. Shoes: grayish taupe w/ brown gladiator heels (A. Fad in Taipei)
4. Accessory:
Proenza Shouler PS1 yellow clutch
Laser-cut floral earrings bought at Indonesia 

Then we walk back to Eslite book store where I bought some snacks and condiments home w/ me.  Most of brand name clothes sold in Eslite is having 30% off sale.  But I bought a pair of black cotton casual trousers by Ann Demeulemeester which is not on sale. 



Photobucket

Photobucket
Those are my fave. snacks: spicy bean curd and non spicy ones in vacuumed wraps. 

Photobucket
Anatomy of fashion in clothes!! ^^

Photobucket
Ah, I love prints!!!


Just when I started filling w/ a buyer's remorse, I bought another pair of sunglasses which being offered to me w/ a equally sale price. ^O^  

What's the brand name???

You guess!!

.......

OK, ok, here it is. 
I walked into Karen Walker's boutique and saw this beautiful GEE GEE sunglasses in pink and in love w. it at the first sight!!! I then was being told by Jerry (the manager) that this is the newest fall color. Ah, again, did I hear the magic words: "The newest collection?!!"

Wouldn't you know it... I conferred w/ DH that if I could buy another pair of sunglasses since I just bought ONE .... w/o his consent. :P.......Long story short, anyhow, Jerry offers me a great price that I can never find it that cheap anywhere else when it says "NEW ARRIVAL"!!!


Photobucket
Karen walker gee gee sunglasses in PINK 10' A/W. 
Photobucket
Aren't those pink, teal, baby blue a perfect color combination!

I am, we are, all back in SF now and surely I want to meet up w/ my gals and hear they say "WELCOME back HOME" to me.  ^^ 

Have a good morning.... (gotta go to bed and adjust the jet lag again....)
xoxo Rachel 












Comments

qian said…
hi rachel:

Welcome back. Glad you update blog frequently even during vaction! You are kind of my fashion modle! I bought 2.5 matte medium black with golden chain this week as i saw that size and bag style is so perfect for you.

I hope you get perfect red flap asap. So i would go to store to try. I am pregnant now. Lost some energy for searching fancy stuff.

Have a nice day!
WOw, qian: first of all, I have to congrats. you for your FIRST baby(?) and you are a MOM-to-be!! Ok, I will have a lot to say to you but let's just leave that to the future then! ^^ Enjoy yourself at current and relax even when you have kid in the future!

Second of all, you are so kind to name me as a fashion model but merely I am only want to inspire all women to take good care of themselves no matter what!! But again, I am very happy that you think the matte black works for you as well and I am going to check out some color book/pre-fall catalogue from Chanel this week!!!

Feels great to be back in USA, my home!! ^^
hey, Janet: Thanks.
I love it here as the weather allows me to do layering and not looking like a crazy woman. :P

In Asia, only night time or party that people would dress up , otherwise, most of the time, they dress up when they can be in the air-conditioned indoor not when they have to walk a lot on the street.
Unknown said…
read ur blog everyday and so excited to see you here in Taipei!
Ah Rachel!! I absolutely ADORE This outfit of yous!! So cute, so summery, so feminine, such great pastel colors, so refreshing ahhh!!!

P.S. That cat in my pic is not mine - it's my freind's new cat :) I guess I don't like cats enough to have one myself lol
MadsaboutU said…
Yay you're back! I love this outfit, especially the color combination. The blazer is very lovely.
Thanks, Tina, Julia and Mads!!

Hum, Tina: I hope you didn't mean you saw me physically in Taipei!! :P

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e