Skip to main content

Think Your Look Younger in 10 Years Philosophy!!

A lot of friends said that they'd wish they had the same confidence and wisdom when they were in their twenties. Who doesn't... including me!! (just to be clear w/ you, we are talking about women/moms in their 30s here!! Well, same thing apply to when you are 40s, 50s... ^O^) 


The truth is you can THINK your way back and feel/look younger 10 years even when you can't turn back time. 


What will you do differently when you have your first child in your early twenties? 


You probably are reluctant be so settled that you still want to have fun. Enjoy yourself and be adventurous!!  Go scuba-diving, sky-diving, try new sports, visit different countries, or learn cooking and knitting just to be prepared prior to be a stay-home-mom or wife. ^^ I am sure there are lots of things you want to try when you are in your twenties but you didn't. Now you can think positively and constructively for yourself and why not do it NOW


Ah, except for the fact that you have to think of a better way to do it w/ or w/o your child around. You know you can find a nanny who earns your thrust.... oh, mh...no, don't tell me it is hard to let-go or find a trust-worthy nanny. Think you are 20s again, and now cooperate with your smartER-thinking, horned bargaining skills, you might be able to find a good nanny w/ a great hour-rate!!  


To tell you the truth, I am executing this Think your life back in 10 years Philosophy  myself. I am learning snowboarding every year after I reach my 30s while my first attempt is dated back when I was 26. So I almost started snowboarding only couple years ago. My private tennis coach comments that "not many women would learn new sports especially "snowboarding" after becoming a mom". 


Huh? What does he mean? A compliment for me, as a matter of fact!! ^^ 


Yeah, again, i am learning tennis w/ my son. He actually plays better than I do since I just started while he already can rally w/ the coach. See, I am thinking in my 20s here that i'd never had the chance to play tennis and now I do.  Therefore, I go for it!!  


I will also start my acting class next Sunday!! A lot of friends ask me "WHY?" Do I want to be an actress or start a new career? 


Hm...... not really, but I never say NO WAY!! I never think of the fact that the chances of a 30 something Asia woman who becomes a successful actress in USA is almost "impossible".  What can I lose here, right?   On the contrary, I expand my social circle and I get to meet younger friends ( you know the youngest classmate in my previous acting class is only 18 years old.) and best of all, I can learn the English language itself in acting class. 
Acting is another thing that I should have tried when I were in my 20s but I choose the realistic path... study abroad for my Master degree here. ^^


Now I have my family, my life, my kids and my friends,...... I almost had everything I wanted. What's missing here is just couple life experiences that I'd love to catch up!! 
(Of course, do everything responsively.)


So, moms, oh, women, think your way back 10 years from now on!  Go do things for yourself, enjoy yourself and your life back no matter you are married or not, a stay-home mom or a career women with or without children. 


....Ah, forgot to emphasize one more thing..... exercise!!! ^O^


Hope you get my point!!


Photobucket
Those pictures are taken when I am with my negative 1000 eyesight ...basically, I look wherever Cathy's direction. haha~~ ( I have my nearsighted eye-glasses in my hand.)


Photobucket
Didn't I say you can never risk too much details with monochromatic outfit!!


My ODJ


1. Top:
Vince 
striped fitted dress underneath


2. Bottom:
(Vintage find) BCBG crochet wrap made into a tube dress/skirt 


3. Shoes:
Alain lima buckle wedge boots


4. Accessory:
brass necklace w/ spear n' crystal bought in London
Monogramed charm necklace 
Givenchy Tinhan studded hobo 

Photobucket


Photobucket
Yet another season's hot trend....striped on everything!


Photobucket
I should start my new wardrobe shopping after done so much fun of finding treasure in my closet. :) 


Think your life back in 10 years!
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Thanks for this post! It made me think even more of trying to get my writings published. I love to write and always keep my pieces. I'll try figuring out what to do next! :)

Oh! And I went snowblading last weekend, something I hadn't done in so long. At first I realize I wasn't as daring as before, but it didn't take me long to fully enjoy it again!

Being 30 is actually lots of fun, come to think if it! We can still look good and we know better! I got to do lots in my 20s and I'll keep it up! Thank you again for this little reminder! xox
sanaa London said…
Well said Rachel and so true. It is easy to feel old, if one is not learning.

p.s. that bag is gorg. and your hair makes you look like you are 18.

Your fan, Sanaa

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e