Skip to main content

New Make Up + DIY Stranded Necklace !!!


Finally, I decided to make one of my own stranded necklace. I got inspired by a blogger LoveMegan and from reading tons of celebrity wearing it in magazine.


photo from In-style!

I like the longer version on Sandra as well as Lanvin w/ black ribbon at left corner. I started w/ my old 3-string pearl necklace bought at Discovery store and a black ribbon I-don't-remember-where-it-is-from.

Here we go!! DIY fun!!


Starting a fixed length which is flattering on you.


You basically are trying to tangle the ribbon in between pearl necklace!


I want to tie ribbons around my neck so I had to sew two ends on ribbons.
This way, I can always add new necklace or take off one to play w/ a new look by clip on.


Then I went out to Discovery shops again and found this awesome chain necklace for $9.
(Sorry I didn't know the photo is blurring. :( )


I also got some great idea from J Crew!!

Ta Da ~!!


Then I add one 14k gold w/ jade chain and two other necklaces bought at Loehmann's for $44.


One look of my new necklace. I love those cute tassels on one of the necklaces!


For different look, I can reverse to wear it.


I can adjust those inter-chains however I want since all necklaces clip on one and another.

................... Back to this morning!! ....................... Nude make-ups!! ....................


I went a little shopping w/ my girl.
Ilona is so big now and she enjoys to pose in front of camera very much!!


I bought YSL Rouge Volupte 2 n' Gloss pur 47.


w/o gloss, it is matte!



I also tried dash GOLDEN GLOSS 7 (orange glittering one) on upper lip later on.


After I applied Gloss pur 47 at only lower lip, while leaving upper lips alone!


Ta Da!!
My very nude make-ups!!
Eye shadow : Make up Forever color plum!


All foundation I applied today.
I love Make up Forever's HD concealer.

I only dash a little under my eyes and it instantly gives under-eyes a little highlight!

You know you probably see some girls applied "too much simmering or white power" under eyes trying to pop up the eye shadows but sometimes they applied too much. Then the look ends of horrible or too obvious w/ too thick foundation.

Well, this concealer has the same effect except it blends in w/ your skin and give a nature glow under eyes. You should try!!!!! :)



My ODJ!

  • Black puffy shoulder dress (mom bought at Shanghai)
  • RUGBY double buckle belt
  • J Crew rusty rose gold rhinestone necklace
  • Chanel two layered/two toned hosiery

I wore cuffed boots and carried Hermes Birkin today.



This pair of Chanel two toned hosiery are very strong, and it is very warm for it has two layers.

I probably should say "Good morning, girls"!!!!! :)






Comments

Julia said…
i like your new nude lipstick. i saw that color on JLo a lot. very sensual.

a black dress is always a good choice! i can imagine you must look like a million bucks with your birkin bag.
Betsy C. said…
Very creative on the necklaces! I was just admiring that page on the most recent Instyle as well, and you definitely did a great job making yours look just as fabulous as the ones on the magazine.

I noticed your new vanity table! :)

I know nothing about makeup so I'm always intrigued to read about your recommendations.
Roxy said…
I have the same YSL Rouge Volupte and I love it even though I'm not so used to the "nude" lip. I think that particular shade is great with our asian skin tone. It's one of the few "nude" shades out there that I've found to work with me.
Hi, Julia:
Thanks. It is pinkish nude and I think it did flatter on Asia woman too. :)

haha... thanks. I didn't think of other bag since I was rushing out yesterday.
Thanks Betsy. You know, I was trying to call you yesterday to see if you want to go to Stanford w/ me. I don't know how long will it keep raining so I didn't call.

Yup, then I had that idea making a necklace for myself. (Oct. issue) I was just talking to Isabel on the phone that it needs "chain" for the rock look but we don't like too heavy metal rock style, pearls are always more classic look. :)

yep, I finally bought that Vanity chest/table but I need time to work it w/ our contemporary furniture in the future. Maybe some painting, a scone...etc.

I notice you don't really do make-ups, but certainly mascara or lip gloss are good enough on your already very pretty complexion. :>
hey, coco's mom: :P

Really? I picked that color right away when seeing it. I am very surprised that pink-nude shade works so well w/ our skin tone. Besides, I like the design of that lip stick and had to get it. :)

There are couple I tried also works but mostly in a compact w/ eye shadows. A lip gloss and stick are great when we are on the go!!:)
Unknown said…
that pink nude lipstick is very nice. makes the lip look more sensual and full. i see a lot of celebrities wearing that shade.
i LOVE your necklace creation! i wish i was more crafty!! you make it seem so easy but I don't think if I tried it would end up looking anything like that. hahaha. good work!!
it looks like a very expensive piece.
Betsy C. said…
Thanks for the tip on makeup. I guess I'm never sure what color to pick for lipstick and I end up going with something very neutral. As for mascara, I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes so I end up messing it up. D'oh. :(
Hi, Susan: thanks. I guess I really saved couple hundred bucks by making a necklace from "all the nice pieces I can find in bargain stores". hah...

Hum... I think if you give it a try, maybe it won't be as hard as you think. :) Say like starting w/ 3 strings, ribbon, pearls necklace and chains just like the 3rd pic. I posted. I think that look simply elegant. :)
oh, Betsy: I left another message on my layering post. OH, well, if you like rub your eyes..I guess we better up to something to highlight your pretty eyes instead of mascara. haha..

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e