Skip to main content

Velvet Updates A Summer Look!

"Dress yourself up as the way of an onion!".... is a perfect solution for us living in North or South California! You can shed off your clothes any time, any layer and still look well put together. 

I am trying to update my summer floral layered skirt today and it is coincident that I decided to accessorize differently in velvet. I guess that luxury, heavy look of velvet is a great alternative to a cotton/satin/wool blazer and an instantly UPDATE-DO for a winter look!! 


Photobucket


Photobucket


My odj. 


1. Top:
Wilfred floral cami. 
Fabulous n' broke satin/cotton cardigan w/ belt
Max Co. textured leather jacket


2. Bottom:
Wilfred summer floral tired mini skirt


3. Accessory:
HM green knitting scarf
Golden chain/leather woven necklace wore as bracelet
crisscross brown tights
Chanel matte black reissue 226 


4. Shoes:
Alexander wang velvet combat boots


Photobucket

Photobucket
Ann Valeria Hash taupe oxford flats/Theory velvet blazer


Photobucket
(ps. I was only trying to pick up a loose thread from my tights here! ^O^)


I started packing and all I can think of bringing w/ me is knit sweater, knit hat, turtlenecks, tights/leggings and scarves for layering. But I will make sure I brought a big coat either my Emporium Armani tuxedo coat or Marc Jacobs beige Alpaca coat w/ me. 

Sorry about the short posts but I think photos should be fun and self-explantory enough for now. 


Have fun!
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...