Skip to main content

Rome~~ Part I!

Day 1 in Rome
(Arrived around 5:30 PM local time that we only do a nice dinner to call it a day!)


Photobucket
"PAPBACCUS" Restaurant
36, Via Tosecana (Very close to Westin Excelsior Hotel)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket






I never had such tasty Balsamic Vinegar which is so dense, tannic sweet, and full of aroma. Also, the black pepper is really "spicy" that DH and I never thought black pepper would be spicy AT ALL considering that both of us are such strong taste in chilly sauce.
The chef said that they bought that balsamic Vinegar at Tuscany which means I can't find it anywhere else here in Rome.... bummer~.....



Photobucket
Onion soup in Rome style w/ tomatoes!


Photobucket
I think this is some kind of couscous (yellow thing) w/ mashed olive, liver, pesto and some white raw fish fillet which is some kind of a fish like seabass (but it is not).


Photobucket
Creamy ice cream w/ wild strawberry..... so sweet and tiny of those wild strawberries. 


Guess we are too hungry when the main courses hit our table that we totally forgot to take pictures of them... :P 
Photobucket
First night dinner...excellent!!


Day 2 in Rome


Piazza di Spagna
Shopping spree for friends only
Colosseo
Piazza Venezia


Photobucket


Photobucket
I guess "SHORTS" looks extra attractive during this time of the year...that almost everyone is staring at ME/my legs. (Piazza di Spagna; La Fontana della Barcaccia)


Photobucket
Shopping and happy street (Via Condotti) ^^


Photobucket
No, I absolutely didn't buy anything for myself....all from my friends requests. 


We took Metro during peak hour (people get off from the work) and we have to squeeze ourselves IN it.
Photobucket
Girls, you own me BIG;..... I ended up buying a new suitcase!!
Look at my grungy face.... :P


Photobucket
( Colosseum = Colosseo)
Photobucket
We are very lucky that the rain in Rome is on and off quickly and sun normally peeks out right after. ^^


Photobucket
Piazza Venezia (Local Italian doesn't like this giant architecture at all!!!!)
However, the landscape in the back is much nicer which is more blended in.


Part II coming up~
See you later.
xoxo Rachel 

Comments

Lol! I can't believe your friends had THAT many requests. And you already wore the sequined shorts...adorable.
Unknown said…
Oh my those are some sexy shorts :)
Can you share pics of what you got your friends from Chanel? How lovely of you!
I'm enjoying all your scenic pictures they are so pretty. You and your family are so lucky to be enjoying such a lovely time over there. Have fun!
Anonymous said…
hi, i have been reading u though TPF for quite awhile, glad u enjoy rome! its one of my fav countries too!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Swan Part ? - My Gray Swan and the Party!!

Natalie Portman in Movie: Black Swan. (pic. source: Officer trailer from YouTube .com) I have been inspired by Natalie Portman's character in this movie-- Black Swan . She is an awesome actress and I can't wait to see this movie in Nov. I didn't intend to copy everything from her character but the make-ups does seem incredible "Halloween-suitable" to me.  My Halloween theme: 3 kiddos go to trick-or-treat at " Dr. pumpkin Susses ' haunted house". ^O^ More highlight of my creation.... Twilight poster - "eclipse"...haha..  My Gray Swan make-up! I use black eyeliner for the outline of the feather.  Bobbie Brown newest eyeshadow : Black velvet and dab w/ The Body Shop silver-gray eyeshadow for more definition.  I could do better next time for more details on feather!! I also add a fake eye-lashes w/ white dots for more fun and dramatic!! Voila~ my Gray Swan .... w/ Alaia gold lace-up heels! ^^ A full house of ...

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  ...

Last Steal Before s/s 2010!!

It has been a while since the last time DH and I went out for a DATE!! Well, I guess a real DATE is just too luxury for us having 3 young children and it always needs a special arrangement for it to happen. Ilona won't go to preschool until this fall so hopefully by then, DH and I will have more romantic date-out alone!!! DH's Porsche is manual and I have no problem of driving it too. Thanks to my driving coach back in Taiwan so I can drive both manual and auto-shift cars!! :) I am not so into cars personally!...... IT to me is one kind of transportation means from destination A to destination B. :) Ilona sits pretty cozily at the back seat! Finally there is my Chanel 08' pink crystals brooch. My ODJ. 1. Top:  Dimension Victorian style white shirt dress RUGBY military inspired coat et vous fur coat 2. Bottom: Dolce Vita denim cut-out leggings 3. Shoes:  09' fall Proenza Schouler platform cap toe pump w/ wooden heels 4. Accessory: Chan...