Skip to main content

Layering Two dresses!!

Today is such a nice sunny day and so warm again. I almost want to store away all of our sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and replace them w/ light, silky new sheeting. But each room in my house has at least 3 to 4 pillows and euro sham plus fitted sheet, blankets, and duvet covers, it might take me couple days to do it. Thanks to my son, he peed two nights consecutively so I had changed his sheeting set to summer theme already. His favorite choo-choo train theme.

You know, whenever you browse through any bedding catalog, they always make the bedding so fluffy, so many layers of sheets and so many lovely decorative pillows. They sure know how to do business through commercials, they tell you the bed only look welcoming when you have so many sheets on. The cotton or silk, the thread count, the name for different patterns, and even the colors of sheet should be taken into account when buying. Most important of all, it has to match the decoration/theme w/ your room. Well, it is not so bad, at least we are the ONES who sleep on the bed. The money is total worth it.

Continuing on layering two dresses since yesterday. I am quite happy w/ my new inspiration from browsing the magazine the other day. I saw a lady who layered two dresses or shirt dress together and it turns out a very lovely look on her. So here is what I had on today.

My ODJ.

1. TOP:
  • Jean Paul Cauliter toile print halter dress
  • Taiwanese designer deep green silky shirt dress
  • Theory gold/white/silver tone shrug
  • Ellen Tracy brown belt w/ gold buckle
2. Chanel two tone pump
3. Chanel Large Rodeo Drive in black 08 s/s

I didn't mean to wear Chanel two tone pump w/ today's outfit. But after trying out couple pair of heels, I surprisingly found out they actually quite go w/ my ensemble. I had an inspiration from a
tpf (purseforum.com) friend who told me to wear deconstructive outfit w/ this new Chanel two tone pump to break up its too classic, or too uptight conservative look. I have something in my mind instead but am not ready for it yet. I guess when something is CLASSIC, it really is timeless. The look is unbeatable!!!

This is a conservative look of me w/ that pair of new Chanel pump.


I shall come out a casual chic look for this Chanel pump next week.


Do you think it goes well w/ my ensemble today?


This pair of Orange Boss two tone mary jane heels is kinda of what I had in mind for this outfit at the first place. The silver/taupe tone matches my shrug.

Comments

Unknown said…
Rachel - Very creative! I love how you layered two dresses! Both Chanel pumps and Hugo Boss shoes go perfectly with the outfit. I should really pay a visit to the Hugo Boss store in SCP, I have never even walked in the store and you seem to have scored great buys there!
Yes, Isabel: you should pay a visit there. Just keep in mind, they will have sale eventually and unless something is very very classic, or something that you want to wear it now, cause' I know you don't like paying full price. But I bought their green suede ruched boots for full price as I cannot wait. haha...

They have quite chic collection in Orange BOSS and I think you will love them.
Purse Addict said…
The Rodeo is TDF!!!
haha..yes, purse, I think that Rodeo is one of a kind apart from rest of designer bags.

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Shopbop.com $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway!!

So, tomorrow is a whole new week ahead of you. What's your plan? Project due? term paper turn-in deadline? Or more house revamps? Holidays is around the corner and I am up to an easy look during weekends. Lounge look is never this sexy and trendy...why not try it yourself!! How about we kick things off this month with a Giveaway? Oh, Yeah, I know how much you like this Shopbop.com giveaway and how much you want to start shopping for holidays already.  First, you can add yourself on " Fan Shopbop "! And then start surfing ~~~ of course I mean on Shopbop website!!  If you are up to an edgier look during holiday season, try jazzing up your casual cool looks with " Alexander Wang Purses ". Or, like me, love going crazy on layering pieces in the winter time, then you definitely should check out " T by Alexander Wang ".  You know, if you want a real deal, don't forget about Alexander wang sale  , deals like that never last long!  I am e