Skip to main content

Day 1 of the spider vein surgery (Sclerotherapy).

Well, my older daughter caught the cold from school so I decided to let my son stays home w/ us too. Then I don't have to drive all of us back and forth from school while my son will have his first tennis class today at 5 PM.

Today is the 1st day after my surgery.

I cannot get wet for my left leg and I had to have that "unbearable" tight hosiery on around the clock for 3 days. But how can I tolerant 3 days not washing my hair or even have a shower!!! I even went shower right after I delivered my babies while mom and in-laws told me not to for at least a month. They said, otherwise, I will have headache rest of my life. Oh....I am sorry, I just had to disobey them about that nonsense as my OB/GYN here in USA said.

You know in Asia, the labor is not as costly as rest of the countries. Women went to hair salon almost every day or at least every other day to have their hair washed, styled, nail trimmed, and even a good complimentary shoulder massage. The cost is probably only $20 for all of that service and you don't even need to tip them. Here in USA, all kinds of services are listed as explicitly as possible. Nothing is complimentary here speaking of
labor!!

But how much can it cost just to have my hair washed and blow straight, right?? So I took all 3 of my kids to the asia salon near my place. I had my hair washed and styled, and it only cost me $14 plus $3 tips. Of course, I didn't get complimentary massage but I feel refreshed and pretty again. Besides, people in the salon are nice enough to let my 3 kids running around (not literally) and having their snack inside the salon. Can't complain about that either.

Here is my ODJ!

1. TOP:
  • White silk cami
  • Max&Co. bias shoulder strap pink flower cami
  • Splendid gray long cardigan
  • J Crew hot pink short sleeve cardigan
2. Bottom: DA-NANG green ruched w/ draw string capri pants
3. Chanel gray classic jumbo 08 f/w
4. Chanel gray mini charms mary jane flat
5. Vintage VERA lady bug silk scarf
6. My friend, Cathy, made me this necklace w/ reversible oster pearl pendent.

One side is green pastels w/ fuchsia bud and the other side is fuchsia pastels w/ green bud.


I love a versatile necklace and thanks Cathy again for this incredible necklace.



Since the hair band, hair clip, and hair accessories are so hot this spring/ summer, I think I should start giving it a try!!!


I even do a research for that Vera vintage scarf.



It looks I have a fan blow over my face to make special effect w/ that hair dance in the air...haha...


Comments

Unknown said…
Rachel - I am glad you are feeling better!! I totally miss the hair washing service in Taiwan. We were living in Taiwan when I was pregnant with my first, and I remember I would go get my hair washed whenever I was too lazy to blow dry my hair. I even tipped them so whenever I went, the girls that worked there all fought for my business. Oh, the ebay headband seller that was recommended by Patty (fendibag) is "sodamnkawaii", she has pretty cool headbands as well as other accessories, and she only charges $6USD flat rate shipping. I like your flower camisole, it's very spring-y! Did you end up getting that blue flower top from Max & Co?
Hi, Isabel:
haha...how are you? I have not had chance to compliment your ODJ..but I will do that later. Kids not taking their nap as I gave them too much vanilla milk shake from "The Counter" hamburger restaurant at Santana row.

Thanks for the ebayer. I will check it out. I have to have hair band w/ "teeth" to hold my hair...as I think my head is not so round in the back. haha...

yes, as you see the pink cami. is so similar w/ that navy one so I decided not getting it. They all come from Max&Co. and I think every year they will have something similar designs for that floral cami.

Oh...I got that denim sleeveless w/ pleats dress instead. But I will model it during summer again as it has a sexy cut on shoulders. (you know, those big cut out around the shoulder and back.) haha......

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Wedge + Clog ! MINE is Clog + Heel!

pic. courtesy from WhoWhatWhere website. I came across this Max Mara clog heels. I can't help myself buying it. Now I am very excited.....why? Cause' it is extraordinary. I love the golden studded along the leather and since I don't like wedge too much, this stiletto is perfect for me. So, did you see the bottom picture to the right? Kate Olsen!!? or Dree Hemingway's looks might work w/ Max Mara clog heels. ( Whose pic. is the very first one w/ fuchsia vest) Normally I am not a copy cat, but this time, I will see if I have something similar like what she wears w/. Yes, that will be a good start to tackle this pair of heels.