Skip to main content

Day 3 after the spider vein surgery (Sclerotherapy).

I told DH that I feel suffocated w/o going out window shopping after yesterday. hah...I know, even just one day I felt I am deserted from the fashion week in NY.

Today, DH said that he wants to eat at
Left Bank at Santana Row. Well, why am I so surprised?? Because he said that just for me!!! He knows that I like going to fancy restaurants and feeling alive when just looking at the window display outside those shops. Oh, what a sweet guy for me!!! haha.....

Off we go Left Bank.

Today I call my outfit as
style of Rock and Roll + Posh Eclectic! (The term is credited to the book "The Lucky Guide to Master Any Style" )

Here is my inspiration!! (pic. credited to ,chickdowntown.com)


1. TOP:
  • Navy blue ruched turtle neck w/ mosaic decor. top
  • No brand peasant dress/tonic top
  • Mcginn cropped vest (come w/ a blazer)
  • Vince leather jacket
2. Hosiery: Brown w/ tiny orange/white dots stockings
3. Rudy's black riding boots (bought in Paris)
4. Greenish/ taupe knitting scarf (bought in H&M)
5. Balenciaga Violet part-time w/ silver harware

Since I wore stockings instead of leggings, I think a pair of chic boots will compliment this edgier look better.

Poor my daughter...still feeling ill!


After brunch, we went to Border's bookstore and bought kids some books and art craft for fun!



I bought one passport cover for my son last year and found it is such a nice thing to distinguish his passport from rest of ours. Don't you just hate it when you have to sort through all the passports for the custom when traveling out of country. So I bought another two for my other kids and hopefully we will get through custom faster next time when traveling!!

Aren't those owl prints adorable!!
I even bought myself another key holder as I have one extra key w/o her clothes one. This owl key holder is more flexible than the monkey one I had!!




Kids are napping right now and I know tonight is another long night for me.

Shed off my Vince leather jacket as it is not that cold actually!



Comments

Unknown said…
Rachel - I love this outfit! It's very Parisian.... I remember we talked about pairing floral dress with leather jacket last time we met. It's very Sienna Miller!
hey, sister:
Thanks. You know, when one day I am feeling drained then next day I will have inspiration after seeing some good modeling pic. from you and others' at tpf.

I hate the raining here and kids are all sick......

Yes, I guess nowadays we can pair pretty much everything w/ leather jacket and look good. hah....
Mel @小翼 said…
Looking beautiful in your pictures! I'm going to have to try to imitate that picture!

Ah yes, it's shadowyi from tPf, nevermind the username I'm posting under.
Hi, uvalife:
haha...thanks. You can rock that look for sure.

and wow...you love cars? I like fancy cars but never think about doing any research or even take pic. w/ them if they are NOT my cars. haha..
Betsy C. said…
Love the passport holders. I've been looking for some for my DD and DS too. Are they easy to take in and out of?

Your brown tights with orange dots are super cute!
hi, Betsy: Thanks.

Yes....the passport holder are super cute, easy to use and of course it is very convenient to take passport out.
it won't block pic. from the passport and you don't really need to take it off as long as the custom can see the photos.

Thanks...I am crazy about all kinds/colors of hosiery. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Wedge + Clog ! MINE is Clog + Heel!

pic. courtesy from WhoWhatWhere website. I came across this Max Mara clog heels. I can't help myself buying it. Now I am very excited.....why? Cause' it is extraordinary. I love the golden studded along the leather and since I don't like wedge too much, this stiletto is perfect for me. So, did you see the bottom picture to the right? Kate Olsen!!? or Dree Hemingway's looks might work w/ Max Mara clog heels. ( Whose pic. is the very first one w/ fuchsia vest) Normally I am not a copy cat, but this time, I will see if I have something similar like what she wears w/. Yes, that will be a good start to tackle this pair of heels.