Skip to main content

Gone crazy w/ retro style n' Do-it-yourself project on my old clothes!!

Why do people love to shop at eBay? Is it because everything is cheaper or is it just convenient? Or just want to find something which doesn't exist in the present time.

As I am pretty addicted to shop at vintage store these days and finding it is so fun to dress back time like 60s or 70s. I know, I don't just dress retro style, I also feel the history and have the right attitude. I definitely understand that when you dress up, don't let the ensemble speak louder than your personality.

Here is my little project I did last week after I read runway fashion magazine. Everyone loves nice brand, good quality clothes but not everyone would spend so much money on every piece of high brand clothes. I know I wouldn't.

I like
left ensemble of this Lanvin outfit w/ that light sophisticated and just the right feminine and modern look.


I cut off my old long sleeves shirt and transform it to a Lanvin-like look. Now I think I'd wear it more often this summer.



1. TOP:
  • Metallic silver long sleeves shirt altered to 1/2 length sleeves by myself
  • Chanel gray/red classic boucle jacket
2. Bottom: Nichols Rosae techno skirt w/ pocket and drawstring
3. Black legging
4. Embroidery necklace w/ beads (bought in Anthro.)
5. Bags:
  • Chanel Metallic Dark Silver reissue 227
  • Chanel Distressed white reissue 227
  • Chanel Gray lambskin classic jumbo
  • Lanvin leopard happy sac
6. Shoes:
  • Orange Boss of Hugo Boss olive green suede ankle boots w/ ruched cuff n' bow tie in back
  • Pink sparkling pointed heels w/ crystals strap (bought in Taiwan)
  • Chanel Gray w/ mini charms mary jane flat
Different combo of bags and shoes gives one ensemble the same posh look .

I will take off the stocking or change to a sheered pair w/ heels and my Lanvin happy sac in spring/summer.


I like the fact that the necklace almost looks it is attached on my shirt.


Although gray would go practically w/ everything, I would say this Chanel classic Gray jumbo doesn't impress me so much.


Metallic Dark Silver reissue w/ Chanel boucle jacket.


The last look is very much alike the
Lanvin runway style. And so I like the most.

Summer time~~

Comments

Betsy C. said…
Rachel -- I love how daring you are in altering your clothes! Do you actually own a sewing machine also so that you can put the seams back together on the cut off parts? It definitely gives an old piece like the satin shirt a new life.

Before reading your paragraph, I really thought the anthro necklace was part of your shirt too - great choice of combining the two.

You have such nice legs. Hope they are recovering well and quickly!
Unknown said…
Rachel - I love your necklace, it's very Lanvin!! It's supposed to be the "it" necklace this season according to Bazaar. I will try to scan and post the picture tomorrow.... The color scheme of your outfit is very warm and complement your skin tone really well..
Hello, Betsy, and Isabel...thanks to two of you :) ...OH>>>>. I think that might be Lanvin not Marni...oh, my!!

I had another "retro" top altered by professional and I lent her my book for reference. well...I will check it once I had my book bag.

Yes, Betsy, I had a sewing machine but it is nothing I done professional. As long as you know how to plug the plug...there you can sew pretty much everything SIMPLE. haha....not alternation I would say.

Thanks....my leg doesn't feel too good these days as I can't sit or stand too long.....keep my finger crossed though.

Isabel, you are too funny. You know, you are going nuts on Lanvin's necklace....cause' you almost comment all my nacklace is Lanvin alike. hah.... I have not purchase any Lanvin necklace as I know how they mark up the price as you pretty much can go bead store and DO_IT_YOURSELF. You will find it more practical w/ both the style and price you like. (you just have to LOOK and refer to the necklace you want. )
I mean once I had my book BACK!!!
Unknown said…
Rachel - This is the first time I said your necklace is Lanvin-like.... Your other necklaces are "marni" like... I think you got Lanvin and Marni mixed-up. Anyway, I took picture of the lanvin necklace, and will PM you at TPF.
oh...Isabel:

yes, you are totally right...I think I mix up Lanvin and Marni these days as I read too many fashion magazine. haha...

OH, please pm me the lanvin necklace then. haha....

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Wish w/ Russia Babushka doll!!

My friend, Michelle asked me about my opinion of Chanel Babushka doll's necklace once and I said "Not worth getting it"!! Now I am not so sure if I would say the same thing to this adorable babushka doll clutch!! lol However, even I want to find it, this doll clutch is probably long gone by now!! I have a real Russia Babushka doll made in Russia which is a gift from 10 years ago! I couldn't find the same one in USA since this set of 15 nesting dolls are truly intricate!! This is the biggest one which has the most exquisite engraving. Total 15 of them! (2 are missing from the pic.) I heard that you can make a wish w/ these nesting dolls. If your wish comes true, you can open one until all 15 are all open!! I never made any wish w/ them, guess I was too realistic of a person myself. I don't know if each engraved temple/castle on the dolls represents something. You can't open the smallest one which is only the size of the little finger nail. I adore those golde

Birthday Gift from My Dearest Darling!! Oh, Hermes!!

Oh, Hermes!! Oh, my love!! I mean both my DH and Hermes!! :P My SA insists me saying nothing about this beauty on the website. And I promised her!! The truth is the picture is worth more than a thousand words, let me share my ultimate excitement silently!! A little extra business for my SA goes a long way for our relationship!! Hermes white leather on golden studded cuff can go w/ my Chanel matte white reissue 227 That's my 09 multicolored hot air balloon print Hermes scarf The cuff can also go w/ my 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !!! I almost faint when I received it!! I believe every rookie of Hermes feels the same as I do!! hahah.... I think I catch the color very true! (even it is indoor at my house at night as you can tell) Ta da~! My newest addition to my little luxury collection!! Again, 35cm Gris Tourterelle Hermes Togo Birkin !

Wedge + Clog ! MINE is Clog + Heel!

pic. courtesy from WhoWhatWhere website. I came across this Max Mara clog heels. I can't help myself buying it. Now I am very excited.....why? Cause' it is extraordinary. I love the golden studded along the leather and since I don't like wedge too much, this stiletto is perfect for me. So, did you see the bottom picture to the right? Kate Olsen!!? or Dree Hemingway's looks might work w/ Max Mara clog heels. ( Whose pic. is the very first one w/ fuchsia vest) Normally I am not a copy cat, but this time, I will see if I have something similar like what she wears w/. Yes, that will be a good start to tackle this pair of heels.